A smartphone is a very important device in our daily life. We have to face severe problems with any problem with the smartphone. And one of the most common problems we face is storage. Resetting the device can solve this problem, but it is not always possible to do this because of the important files on the phone. If your phone’s storage is limited, temporary files created from various apps can quickly fill up the storage on the phone. All these files created by the phone are called Cache. Today I will show you how to clear app cache on android.
How to clear app cache on android device?
The first solution to this problem is to delete the cache file of each app separately. However, you do not have to delete the cache file of all apps; certain apps do not need the cache file. Deleting the cache file of all those apps can solve your problem.
Let’s see how to delete a specific app’s cache; I am showing the issue in the Android 11 version.
- First, go to Settings and select Storage.
- Now click on Other Apps.
- Now select the app that you want to delete the cache. You can sort by size by clicking on the three dots if you want.
- Click on the specific app and click on Clear Cache from the app page.
- This way, you can clear the cache of any app. Moreover, by clicking on Clear Storage, reset the whole app and renew the app.
- In the case of old Android phones, you can go to Settings> Storage> Cached Data and clear all the cache with one click.
What is cache data?
To make the phone faster and give the right benefit at the right time as per the user’s demand, some data is stored as cache in advance. As we enter the Facebook app, it creates several cache files stored on your device. When you open the app later, it will start showing all the content without time. You will often see data or Wi-Fi off, but when you enter Facebook, you can see different content.
How is it? Yes, we can see the previous content without downloading new content through cache files.
However, this cache issue is not the same forever. The cache of apps that you use regularly may be useful, but apps that are not used all the time create more problems than the cache facility because all these caches can occupy most of the storage space.
Related: How to delete Google search bar history on android & PC.
What happens after clearing the cache?
After you clear the cache, some space in the phone storage will be empty, and the app will work normally. However, some content may take longer to load since the temporary files are cleared. If you open the apps, the cache file will be submitted again. Deleting a cache file can delete your browser history, game level, etc.
Advantages of cache clearing
Advantages of cache clearing Cache files can be useful for your phone, so it is not advisable to delete all caches at once. You can get some benefits by deleting the cache of different and unnecessary apps.
- With Cache Clear, you can empty your storage. However, regular app use will result in full storage, so it is ongoing.
- If the old cache is corrupted, there is a problem while using the app. Deleting these can increase the performance of your device.
- If old cache files ever go to unscrupulous parties, then your important account or privacy is likely to be leaked. If you have an old cache, updating pages in your browser may hinder the show.
Do you delete regular cache files?
Removing a cache file may not always be the right decision. We already know that these files help increase the app’s speed, so if you delete the cache of the apps used regularly, it will cause more problems than benefits.
So the cache file cannot be deleted all the time. Moreover, modern phones also have a suitable mechanism for cache auto delete. For example, every night at midnight on my Galaxy M21 phone, the cache is cleared automatically. The question maybe when you are forced to delete the cache.
- If the cache file becomes corrupt, it is mandatory to delete it.
- Delete the cache to avoid leaking personal data.
- Once the storage is running out, clear the storage for necessary work.