What if you were able to connect Xbox 360 without a receiver? Many people searched for how to connect Xbox 360 controller to PC without receiver.
But it is sorry to say this is not possible to connect it without a receiver. But don’t worry. I am showing you how you can do it with a receiver without any difficulties.
Keyboard and mouse are two conventional ways of controlling your PC. But if you are a hardcore video game player, they are so much boring to control the game.
We need to memorize several buttons of the keyboard for making an instant move of your character in the game. So, there is no easy alternative to use an Xbox 360 controller to control the character movements.
How to Connect Xbox 360 Controller to PC without Receiver Windows 10
Computer games have become very popular in recent times. But who loves to press the buttons of the keyboard frequently for playing a game?
However, Xbox 360 controller has come to solve this problem. You can connect the external device to Windows 10.
Xbox 360 controller will help you take immediate steps in-game. Playing with keywords and mouse is one of the worst experiences for computer gamers.
Is it really possible to keep your hands in an elevated position for a long time? So, do not hesitate to connect this device to your PC. This is time to play games more comfortably.
Also, read about An Easy Guide | How to Copy and Paste on Roblox.
How to Connect Xbox 360 Wireless Controller to PC without Receiver
Sometimes, connecting the Xbox 360 controller is very challenging. Don’t worry. I am going to show you how to connect Xbox 360 wireless controller to PC without receiver. But first of all, let me provide the bitter news:
- It is not possible to connect the Xbox wireless controller without a receiver.
- You can never connect this wireless controller via Bluetooth.
According to some web sources, you can connect Xbox via USB cable without buying any receiver. But I am assuming that it is not really possible.
The USB cable can transfer power and some media data. But it cannot transmit the controller data. It will transmit power only. So, do not waste your time thinking of this analog idea.
The official way to connect a wireless Xbox controller to your PC:
- First of all, you have to connect the receiver to a USB port on your computer. If you have the official adaptor, the driver installation software will be launched automatically. Then, you need to follow the instructions on your screen. Then, you have to skip to step 7. But if you do not have an official adaptor, you should follow the instructions given below.
- Search for the Device Manager on the windows search option. Then, you need to select this from the result you get.
- Then, you will see an item that suggests your windows device is unable to recognize the device. Right-click and select: Properties>Driver>Update Driver
- Now, select the item written, “Browse my computer for driver software”.
- Then, you have to click on Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer.
- Find Xbox Receiver for Windows scrolling down the whole list.
- Then, you have to select Next.
- Hereafter, you will get a warning message that it cannot ensure if the driver is compatible or not. You need to select Yes and wait until the installation is complete. After the installation, the light of the receiver will be solid green.
- Finally, you have to turn the Xbox controller on.
- Now, you need to sync both the receiver and the controller. After blinking for some time, it will be connected to your PC. If your attempt becomes unsuccessful, you have to try the steps again.
Also, read about How to Sell Steam Games: A Complete Guide 2021.
Once it was nearly impossible to connect a controller to your personal computer. Besides, it required a lot of cables cords, and wires to do it.
But now it is very easy to connect a controller. Xbox 360 is a very popular controller for playing video games. We have provided you complete guidelines on how to connect Xbox wireless controller to your PC. I hope you love it.
The FAQs about Xbox 360
Here we mention the important user’s repeated question. If you any confusion to connect the follow our FAQ section.
Can I connect the Xbox controller via Bluetooth?
No, you cannot connect it via Bluetooth because it works on a completely different frequency.
Why can’t I connect the Xbox 360 controller via a USB port without a receiver?
USB ports cannot transfer controller data to your PC. It only transmits power and media (photos, videos, etc) data. This is why it is not possible to connect to Xbox via a USB port without a receiver.
Does the Xbox controller work on Windows 10 only?
No, it works on all the Windows versions. So, don’t worry!
Should I buy Xbox 360 controller in 2021?
Yes, it is worth buying still in 2021. The console lets you play different types of video games
Why is Xbox 360 controller better than the original Xbox controller?
Undoubtedly, both of them are advanced technological blessings. But be sure X360 is smarter and more customizable than the original Xbox controller.
Besides, it is designed in a futuristic model. So, I recommend you use the Xbox 360 controller.