In this age of technology, it’s hard to find people who don’t know how to delete Google search bar history from a cell phone or computer.
Then if you do not know how to find a specific date or complete search history to delete, then we will highlight the details.
Moreover, as a result of your search, accumulated search history can slow down your cellphone or computer, so deleting them is helpful for you.
Table of Contents
How to delete google search bar history on a computer
Google Chrome is a popular app, so we use this app to find or find anything, but many of us forget how to delete search history, or many do not know-how.
Due to which Google search history has been accumulating for a long time, however, follow the following rules for deleting Google search history from PC.
Step 1: Open the settings option in Google Chrome
- For this, you need to open a new tab in Google Chrome. When you open the tab, you will see a 3 point icon in the top right corner. Then you will see the settings option at the bottom.
Step 2: Find and select the Browsing Data option
- After clicking on Settings, you will find Clear Browsing History under Privacy and Security.
Step 3: Delete browsing history
- After you click on Clear Browsing Data, a pop-up will appear from where you can select what you want to delete. Since you want to delete the browsing history, you must mark it.
- Here you will find two options called Basic and Advanced. Check these two options and keep the options at your convenience. Moreover, from the time range, you can select how many days you want to delete Google History or delete all time Google History.
Step 4: Clear data After selecting what you want to delete
- Click on Clear Data below, and you will delete your Google Chrome search bar history.
How to delete Google History on Android
Google Chrome is not only a popular browser on PC / Laptop, but it is also a prevalent browser on Android or iPhone due to its great features and facilities. So we need to know how to delete Google search history on mobile; keep reading below.
Step 1: Open Google Chrome on mobile
- Open the Google Chrome app from your mobile menu.
Step 2: Open History
- To do this, click on dot point 3 in the top right corner, then you will see the History menu.
Step 3: Select the History menu and click on the Clear Browsing Data
- Once you select the History menu, you will see the Clear Browsing Data option; you can delete the browsing history by choosing this.
Step 4: Select Browsing History and click on the Clear Data
- In Clear Browsing Data, you will see Basic Advanced Options like PC; from here, select the option you want with Browsing History and click on Clear Data below, then you will delete Browsing History.
Related: How to clear app cache on android and when to do it
How to delete Google search bar history one by one?
You can usually delete all Google History, but you can delete the required histories one by one. In this case, I am telling you first about how to do it on a PC / Laptop.
- You need to open the browser first and click on point 3 in the top right corner of the browser; you will find the history menu.
- Or press Ctrl + H will open all the browsing history at once.
- Then you will see a box on the left side of the history that you need to delete; mark the boxes precisely.
- When you have finished marking, you will see the delete option on the top right side; the work is done when you click on delete.
- The issue of deleting one is more straightforward in mobile; I will tell you how to do it below.
- In a previous way, you go to history, then click on the cross mark on the right side of the browsing history, those histories will be deleted.
Related: How To Delete Voicemod Voice Changer? Step By Step Guide.
The FAQs about Google search bar history
We’ve discussed in detail above how you can delete Google search bar history. You can knock on our page if you still have some information; we have tried to answer some essential questions in the following section.
Why can’t I delete Google History?
Many times if there is a problem with the browser bug, in this case, you need to keep the browser updated.
Does Google keep deleted histories?
Yes, but even if Google puts it to its own needs, such as audit or other internal use, there is no chance for you to revisit the data.
Deleting browsing history deletes all my Google activity?
No, it only deletes things you searched for on Google. If you go to Clear Browsing History, you will see more options besides browsing history.
How do I delete Google search history from my iPhone?
Here’s how to delete from iPhone: Open Chrome App> History> Clear Browsing> Check Browsing History> Clear Browsing Data, right.
Can anyone see my search history?
Yes, to get rid of it, you need to do some things like use VPN, tighten Google privacy settings, delete cookies from time to time, and so on.