Would you know how to ground yourself when building a PC? Building a PC is a very hard and dangerous task if you do not arrange the concept for your own and computer parts. Generally, all the components and parts of the computer are very expensive.
So, when you building a PC grounded yourself very consciously. Otherwise, all the valuable components will damage your unsafe touch of the computer PC.
You can get some site, there is show this matter, but in this article, you have some advance solution how to ground yourself when building a PC.
Table of Contents
How Necessary to Ground Yourself When Building a PC?
It is very necessary to ground yourself when building a PC because you can damage its old and fragile parts and components or feels shocks due to electrostatic discharge. As a result, you can lose your life or house down. Now, here we will discuss deeply how to necessary yourself when building a PC step by step.
Follow this step
Before starting these activities, you must know some essential things. Such as.
- Take a clean and safe workbench
- Avoid a tablecloth or woolen cloth
- Far from the pets out of the area
- Never use whippy as a pillow, wobbling or rolling table, etc. Stick water and oil on the workbench should be removed
Starting this work
Must buy an anti-static mat
You must need an anti-static mat to ground yourself when building a PC. So here we will show some best anti-static mats.
- Bertech ESD Anti-Static
- Rosewill Anti-Static mat
- StarTech Anti-Static Mat
- HPFIX Silicone ESD Safe Mat
- Don’t put on wool or synthetic fabrics but you can use cotton shirts and jeans.
- And you have to remain fully barefoot
Gid Rid of Rugs
- Remove rugs, carpets, and mats from the floor otherwise go to another room with tile, wood, or ceramic flooring.
- The air needs to be moisturized
- This step only uses for those who stay in a dry climate area
- If you have a humidifier, use it to increase CO2 levels in the environment. Otherwise, run a fan in the room
- Humidity must be within 0—0%
Remove the power
Hardware must be kept at anti-static Bag
Another protection measure is retaining your to-be-installed aspects into anti-static luggage to hold electrostatic buildup at bay. It is plastic bags coated with polyethylene. Most of the bags are in pink, silver, and black colors.
Here we will show a few bags collection you can buy
- ANTISTAT Moisture Barrier Bags
- Daarcin Antistatic Resealable Bags
- SiForce Store Anti-Static Bubble Bags
However, you can ground yourself in different ways
How to Ground Yourself When Building a PC with a Wrist Strap
The wrist strap is the safest metal to ground yourself when building a PC. So here we will give some of the best instructions on how to ground yourself when building a PC with a wrist strap.
How it possible, see here
Put a Wrist Strap
Wrap the wristband around your non-dominant hand and make certain its steel pin contacts your skin. Depending on the model, fasten the related wire to the band if it’s not already. Connect the other last part of the wire to a non-painted metallic surface.
Here we will show a few items wired straps that you can buy
- ARCTIC EAGLE Anti Shock Wristband
- Vastar ESD Anti-Static Wrist Strap
- RosewillAnti-Static Wrist Strap Band
- JekewinAnti-Static Metal Bracelet
Related: How to Connect the Switch to TV Guide 2022.
How to Ground Yourself When Building a PC without a Wrist Strap
Here we will discuss a few guidelines which assist you to know how to ground yourself when building a PC without a Wrist Strap
Put low static clothes. You can wear cotton fabrics it is the best option
Unplug the computer and disconnect all the wire
Then start this work very carefully and consciously. So, you don’t swing your arms these matters can make up a charge.
Related: How to Enable Dual Channel RAM | Latest Guide 2021.
In all the above discussion we see that ground yourself is a vital task when building a PC. But most of the people don’t know accurately about this matter.
Because of this, those people are more likely to be at risk. If you know this subject properly you and your all computer components will be free from great danger. So, read this article carefully, you will know how to ground yourself when building a PC.
The FAQs about Ground Yourself When Building a PC
If you want to know about this matter more and more you can see our FAQs section.
Which PC parts are the riskiest?
Motherboard, CMOS, CPU, Computer Cards, Resistors and LED are the riskiest parts of a PC.
Which parts of the PC are safe?
Including the safe parts of a PC.
- BJT Devices
How will be preparing a work surface to build a PC?
- You need a clean and safe workbench
- Avoid static friendly clot
- Put cotton shirt and Jeans
- Use an anti-static wristband
- Stay barefoot and so on
Are these methods always active?
There is always a risk no matter what you do, but the more careful you are, the less likely something is to go wrong.